The Fifth Vital Sign class covers:
• Menstrual cycle awareness and charting
• Hormonal and non-hormonal contraception
• Menstrual care products
• Breast/chest awareness
• Diet and lifestyle choices for hormonal health
• How to discuss options with your health care provider
This class is applicable and important for everyone from adolescents to adults. We consider the menstrual cycle to be a vital sign, as important as blood pressure or pulse in telling you how your body is doing.
Our hope is that by better understanding the menstrual cycle and viewing it as an indicator of health, people will:
• Feel more secure, safe, and connected to their bodies, especially during times of transition, like pregnancy and menopause, and during illness
• Be able to come to their healthcare providers with more detailed information about their bodies, and more specific questions to contribute to their care
• Make birth control decisions with self awareness
• Dissipate the culture of shame and embarrassment around menstruation, especially for people during their first period, or menarche
The workshop is open to people of all genders. Partners encouraged! Wheelchair accessible.
First time, single ticket: $30 USD
First time, coulples' ticket: $40 USD
Refresher single ticket: $10 (only for those who have attended a 5VS class before)
Refresher couples' ticket: $20 (only if at least one partner has attended a 5VS class before)
This interactive workshop will leave you feeling empowered and informed.
Please complete the google form to reserve your spot and to receive the workshop address: https://goo.gl/forms/rXorSZ3IHJqKKNCI3
Led by Isabella Malbin
About Isabella -> http://moderndaydoula.com